Tuesday, September 25, 2012

What Makes Me Cry: Mindy Kaling

A Timeline of love for Mindy Kaling

October 2009- I cry and laugh and clap my hands over the Mindy written episode of The Office, Niagra, also known as Jim and Pam's wedding.

September 2011 -I read an article written by Mindy in the New Yorker and post a quote from it.

November 2011- I fall in love with Mindy's blog.

January 2012 - I read (and adore!) Mindy's book, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (and other concerns)  

February 2012 - Mindy's defense of the rom-com supports my defense of This Means War

March 2012 - I begin the What Makes Me Cry series, inspired by a chapter in Mindy's book

                       March 2012  John Mayer Being a jerk
                       April 2012 Mr. Lauer and The Duchess
                       June 2012 Hugh Jackman is a Class Act

May 2012 - The trailer for Mindy's brand new sitcom is released!

August 2012 -I watch the pilot episode of The Mindy Project online and feel like she is speaking to me.  When you watch it, you'll know exactly which part I'm talking about.

September 9 2012- I start to browse this article on Vulture which I think is about Mindy's new show, but suddenly I'm reading about her mother's death and I get to the part about "be your own best friend" and I've given myself hiccups from crying so much.

September 10 2012- Try to tell my mom about the article, immediately start crying.

September 24 2012- The Mindy Project, written and created and starring Mindy Kaling (and inspired by her mom) premieres on Fox at 9:30pm.  You know I'll be watching.


No comments:

Post a Comment