Saturday, June 23, 2012

What Makes Me Cry: Speeches at the Tony Awards

So last Saturday night I attempted to catch up on a week's worth of tv after being on vacation.  I can only imagine this is what it's like to work for a show like The Soup. The highlights were several fantastic moments from the Tonys ( I only watched the first 30 minutes live.)  Considering my affection for awards show speeches I think I've found my new favorite place to find them.  I suppose it makes sense that the talented actors who perform live each week would be the best at extemporaneous speeches.


First, Hugh Jackman accepting a surprise award for his charity efforts while his show ran on Broadway.  The blonde is his wife.  Is Hugh Jackman the greatest guy ever or what?!


Next, these clips from the year in plays.  I totally want to see One Man Two Guvnors and End of the Rainbow looks so tragic and good, especially now that I consider myself to be an expert on Judy Garland.

 

 I totally have a crush on James Corden after watching this wisecracking, voicecracking speech.


 

And an even bigger crush on Steve Kazee from Once. Holy crap.


Okay who wants to go to NYC with me to see a new play every night?

No comments:

Post a Comment