Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I'll Have What She's Having




It's a sad day for fans of film, chick flicks, witty musings and the pairing of Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks- Nora Ephron passed away at the age of 71 after a battle with leukemia.  She was incredibly talented and inspired so many great filmmakers and writers- including this (not so great) blog.


It was this article about romantic comedies that inspired me to write about movies in the first place.  This scene that still makes me tear up no matter how many times I watch it. And this movie, my very favorite of all time, that encouraged me to see my best guy friend in a different light and, as Harry and Sally say "and then we fell in love."


This winter, I counted down my favorite Nora movies each Tuesday.


Tuesdays With Nora


When Harry Met Sally


Sleepless in Seattle


Julie and Julia


You've Got Mail


Dear Nora, thanks for the laughs and the inspiration and the love stories.  You will be missed.


"Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim."- Nora Ephron  1941- 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment