Friday, September 28, 2012

Happy Weekend- What's Up Tampa?


Happy Weekend!  Well, I'm still in Florida.  For the past week I've been in Tampa, which is basically my hometown except its not. At all.  If you're not familiar with Florida, I tell you I'm from Tampa.  If you've been to Tampa, I tell you I'm from St. Pete/Clearwater.  And if you've been to St. Petersburg, then I'm proud to tell you I'm from Seminole.  But that's another story.

So for the past 10 years I've basically been claiming to be from Tampa which is a total lie.  IAnyways, I what I really want to tell you about Tampa is that in 9th grade I went to a Backstreet Boys concert and Mandy Moore opened for them.  Poor 15 year old Mandy wobbled around the stage in her stilettos yelling "Whats up Tamp-puh?!"
I'm blogging in a room with 3 of my best friends and they all have this exact memory.  That's what makes childhood friends so wonderful- not shared interests but shared memories of 90's pop stars.

Story of the Week:  Does NoahCalhoun=ChristianGrey? 
I have a lot of opinions about 50 Shades- more on that soon.  But I have even more thoughts on Ryan Gosling being cast.  And the thoughts are NO.  Anyone who thinks that an A-list actor wants to be cast in this movie is kidding themselves.  This story is for soap opera hunks and ABC family starlets only.  

Rental of the Week:
Mandy Moore, all grown up, no heels, still long blond hair. I LOVE Tangled, especially the song in the scene above. 

Look of the Week:
 Anne Hathaway, another Disney darling.  Its not so much that I love her dress, but that she looks amazing despite the grandma dress and short hair.  She's getting married tomorrow!  It takes some guts to get married in short hair.  Better than the alternative?

NPR Interview of the Week:Amy Adams on Fresh Air.
I've been listening to so much NPR on the road but hearing one of my favorite actresses talk about being a Disney princess was my favorite thing all week!

Movie Ticket of the Week:  
And speaking of Amy Adams . . .The Master is getting phenomenal reviews . . . it just seems like a lot to take on.  I'll take one for the team and get back to you.

So tomorrow night at this time, I'll be past the finish line at this. . .

What's up Disney?! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment