Saturday, May 26, 2012

I Must Confess- Part II



3 more confessions for you today:

1) I've finally realized that I am just too damn old to buy a cheap bathing suit.  I used to feel like, what is the point?  You cavort around in the sand and the saltwater and the peed-in pools- is it really worth it to spend $100+ on that thing?  Well, after a few weeks of trying on bikinis in Target and TJ Maxx I was practically despondent.  "I'm just going to wear this," I whined, selecting a duvet cover from the home goods section. "Just wrap me up and this and roll me out to the beach."  Then, on a whim, I decided to try on a few suits in a department store.  Hallelujah!  They actually fit!  Nothing gave me saggy butt or sausage arms or pancake chest.  I nearly broke out into a Bootylicious dance in the dressing room. I gladly handed over my credit card for the chance to sing "I don't think you can handle this!"



2) My least favorite blog posts to write are movie reviews. Which is weird because I started this blog to write movie reviews.  I guess in the end I just wanted to write about chick flicks and Christmas and pop culture.  I love going to movies and I'm more than happy to recommend to you what to see.  I just feel like everyone has such different taste that each review should come with several disclaimers.  "If you're between the ages of 18-22" or "if you're my mom" or "if you think Sex and the City is the greatest movie of our time." 
(P.S. SATC is the greatest movie of our time)


Basically if you really want to know whether or not you would enjoy a movie- just ask!  You can text me, email me, tweet me, etc.  Also I've added a search bar to the right side of the blog.  You can type in any movie to see if I've reviewed it.


3) When I was between the ages of 18-22 I was kind of a book snob.  Blame AP English or my liberal arts education but I used to turn up my nose at anything that I didn't think was "of literary merit."  My English teacher used that phrase to describe acceptable reading material for us.  Basically I was reading A LOT of  Margaret Atwood.  Last night I glanced at my nightstand to see the Hunger Games trilogy, 50 Shades of Grey, and an Emily Giffin book.  Why am I turning into a desperate housewife?  Have you read the newest Nicholas Sparks book? 


 No but seriously, have you?  Because you know I'll be in theaters as soon as the movie comes out.


Anything you'd like to confess today?  Any reading recommendations (frivolous or not?)

No comments:

Post a Comment