Thursday, May 3, 2012

Just Workin on my Fitness

When it comes to my fascination with celebrities, I'm not just looking for fashion tips, I'm looking for fitness details as well. However, while starlets are more than happy to pose on the red carpet in their designer gowns, they're a little more secretive when it comes to getting in shape.


How many times have you heard a celebrity saying "I eat so much! I never diet! I don't have time to exercise, I just walk my dog occasionally!" In fact, actresses are famous for showing off their "gigantic appetite" during a lunch interview for a fashion mag. Those articles always say the same thing: "She looked casual chic in an all black ensemble and had glowing skin without a stich of makeup. She ordered scrambled eggs with extra cheese, 16 pieces of bacon, and chugged a bubba keg of beer on her way out the door."

Blake Lively once gave an interview saying that she eats pork burritos, chips, and coke before shooting lingerie scenes.


Okay. We all know she hired a trainer for The Green Lantern, and now that she's dating the fittest man alive (R. Reynolds, of course) you can bet she's keeping up with her squats.


Kate Walsh also boasted on Live! with Kelly that she did absolutely nothing to prepare for this Shape cover.



"It should be called Unshape magazine!" she laughed. " I ate a burrito right before the shoot!" I'd chalk it up to great photoshopping except she looks consistently looks smokin hot - check out those leg muscles!


There's been a lot of talk about the importance of featuring "real women" with "real bodies" in women's magazines. They suggest that we will feel bad about ourselves after seeing models, celebrities, and other superhuman beings in the media time after time.

I don't know about you, but I see real women every day. And every time I step out of the shower, there's a real woman in my bathroom mirror. If I'm reading Shape magazine, I'm certainly hoping to see an ultra fit celeb. You know makes me feels bad? Hearing stars talk about eating everything and never working out while still maintaining a toned physique. I workout most days and watch what I eat and no one has ever asked me to pose on a magazine cover.


So let's reflect on a few ladies who aren't afraid to say, thanks to LMFAO, "Girl look at that body, I work out!"

Anne Hathaway says she was working out for two hours and day and living on "kale and dust" to fit into her catwoman suit.


Gwen Stefani was quoted as saying " I am always on a diet"


And " I work hard to look this hot and I want girls to know that."


Gwyneth Paltrow works out for an hour and a half 5 days a week with the infamous Tracy Anderson- Madonna's trainer.


She also frequently goes on a 12 week (!!!!) detox.


Kelly Ripa is my fashion, fitness, and overall life idol. In a recent interview she said she works out every single day, even on vacation. She alternates between spinning, running, and "dance cardio and toning."

Also, she gave us an idea of her typical eats.
Breakfast- wheat toast and coffee
Lunch- greek yogurt and blueberries or a small salad
Dinner- small piece of fish with lots of veggies
Snacks- Pepperidge Farm goldfish- haha!


As beach season quickly approaches, I'll certainly be more aware of what I'm eating and how I'm exercising. Will I be as dedicated as these ladies? Of course not! And I won't expect my green bikini to sit quite as nice as Kelly's.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it makes me feel good to know that real women (even celebs!) have to work really hard to look really good.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, swimsuit season. I suppose this is as good a time as any to get preparing...
    Oh yeah - and don't we have a 10 mile race to get training for? Guess I'd better get on that!
    Thanks for the motivation Chick Flick Chic!

    ReplyDelete