Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Crazy, Stupid, Love review



I'm a fairly nosy person. Once upon a time "being nosy" was one of my facebook interests, along with "movies that make me cry." We'll get to those later... I just want to make a point that I love unexpected peeks into someone's life. And that's what "Crazy, Stupid, Love" provided.

I felt like I getting a glimpse of major moments and touching heartbreaks of people's lives. I didn't know everything about these people, but I loved feeling like they were real people and I was a nosy neighbor, taking it all in.

If you've watched the trailer you know all you need to about the plot of the movie. I should warn you.. it starts out a little slow. You're interested in all of the characters and their lives, but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Then suddenly a crucial scenes makes everything you just watched really matter.

I want to mention that Steve Carrell is fantastic as a leading man. He made me laugh and cry, and I never once felt like I was in a staff meeting at Dunder Mifflin. And Ryan Gosling.... wow. His sexy, confident and mysterious ladies man is definitely my favorite of his roles since NoahCalhoun.


"Crazy, Stupid, Love" is so funny and interesting.... but most of all it is surprising. I laughed out loud and gasped in shock with the rest of the theater. And of course, I shed a few tears. The movie is about what happens to people when they are in love. Laughing, crying, and finding yourself absolutely, unexpectedly breathless? Sounds like love to me.

Crazy, Stupid, Love, rated "PG-13," romantic comedy/drama, starring Steve Carrell, Julianne Moore, and Ryan Gosling. A-

No comments:

Post a Comment