Something weird happens when you're in your mid-twenties. People your age start becoming doctors, lawyers, and professors. You realize that adults who you once thought had all the answers are actually just kids who grew up and went to school for awhile. This doesn't make them any less credible, it just makes them human.
I was chatting with my friend Carly about this and she said something so wise- and true!
"Easily one of the worst things about growing up is realizing adults are just as clueless and emotional as us."
After college I realized there was no grown up behavior code. Adults gossiped, threw hissy fits, cried in public, and sometimes felt completely lost. They were just like me! Kidding . . . sort of.
One of my favorite movies, Its Complicated, is a perfect example of this. Five reasons I love this movie:
1. The adults really don't act like adults! They have affairs, they talk about sex with their friends, the smoke pot! And its all hilarious!
2. John Krasinksi's character, Harley, is totally swoonworthy. He's the the type of guy you would love for
a sister best friend yourself to date.
3. The movie features the cutest family. You can tell that they are so close and its a nice change from other dysfunctional family plots.
4. Meryl Streep's kitchen, house, and whole life! She owns an adorable bakery! She has beautiful California home! She bakes chocolate croissants on a first date!
5. I think Alec Baldwin is kind sexy. Yeah, I'm serious.
That's the other thing they don't tell you about turning 26. You start to find 53 yr old men attractive.