Saturday, February 11, 2012

Weekend Rentals- 2/10/12

Another weekend, another list of movie rental recommendations from the 2008 Oscars!

As I was perusing this list, I realized that I missed out on seeing many of the nominated movies that year. I skimmed my journal and realized why- 2008 was a HUGE year for romantic comedies- 27 Dresses, Made of Honor, Definitely Maybe, Forgetting Sarah Marshall AND Sex and the City were released. So you can guess where I spent the majority of my time in the movie theater. Anyways, on to Oscar nominated flicks, viewed and recommended by me, when I wasn't sobbing over Mr. Big:

Atonement- utterly depressing, but impressively gorgeous. James McAvoy is wonderful.

Juno- Diablo Cody's witty, quirky, touching script and the entire cast is perfection.

" Look, in my opinion, the best thing you can do is find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you, the right person is still going to think the sun shines out your ass. That's the kind of person that's worth sticking with."

Ratatouille- Not the best Pixar movie, but isn't every one pretty great anyway?

Enchanted- one of my favorite Disney movies of all time. If you lived with me this year (Tia, Meg, Lauren) chances are you heard me singing "How Do You Know" or "Happy Working Song" oh, about a million times.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment