Friday, February 24, 2012

Strike a Pose

In honor of Oscars weekend I'd like to take you on a tour of my favorite Oscar dresses. Although I know this is a very limited view, I began by literally just googling any dresses that I remembered, so what you see here are my most memorable Oscar dresses of the past 10 years!

Michelle Williams in 2006. A vibrant dress and lipstick. She was with Heath and they just seemed to happy and in love. She makes it look easy.


Halle Berry in 2002. Who doesn't remember this dress? Or Halle's body? A true red carpet moment.

I don't know if I actually love this dress that much or I was just so happy to see Julia Roberts win an Oscar in 2001. At the time she was the biggest movie star in the world- she just had to win!
I'm going to tell you a little story about Jessica Biel on the red carpet in 2007. First, this dress is stunning. I love the raspberry color and the cut and the little belt. Belted dresses were everywhere after this! Anyways, at an after Oscars party, Justin Timberlake started chatting up Jessica. His recent ex, Cameron Diaz was there and after a few too many glasses of champagne she made her way up to the flirting couple. "What are you doing?!" she yelled, "What, is this your new girlfriend!?" Yikes. Fortunately her bestie, Drew Barrymore, was there to drag her away-probably so she could drunkenly cry in the bathroom. It's really a sad story but its also kind of makes everything so real. I'm pretty sure I saw a scene like this go down at the Sigma Nu house my freshman year in college. Celebs- they're just like us! Anyways, here's the dress that started it all.


Um, remember when Jennifer Lopez was married to Chris Judd? Yeah, me neither, but I do remember this dress from 2002. Everyone thought her hair was too big, but I thought every detail was perfect.

Well, we all remember Bennifer in 2003 but it still seems hard to believe. What exactly did they have in common? I love love love this mint green vintage gown. I think J-Lo might be the most beautiful women in the world- with the worst relationship history of course.

Renee Zellweger has short no nonsense hair and minimal makeup but still manages to stand out- and sparkle!- on the red carpet in 2008.

As stunning as this dress is, it seems like we've seen many similar to this in the past few years. However Penelope Cruz deserves the credit for starting it all in 2009.

Here are my two favorites from last year- I adore Reese Witherspoon with the high pony and emerald earrings.

And Mila Kunis looks sexy and demure- I love the lace and lavender.

What are some of your Oscar red carpet favorites? I can't wait to see what everyone wears on Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment