Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Vow Review


The Vow is everything you could ask for in a chick flick tearjerker that is released in time for Valentine's Day. Rachel McAdams is impossibly gorgeous yet appropriately relatable. Channing Tatum is all earnest looks of love and fierce embraces. Chicago seems like a snowy, dreamy, romantic city. I adored the pop/love song soundtrack. And the clothes were super cute!

Actually, I was a bit surprised at how realistic The Vow was. I expected these grand declarations and over the top efforts on Channing Tatum's part but actually it was a really sweet and at times, really sad, story of a couple torn apart by a tragic accident. To be honest, I was a bit distracted thinking "What if that happened to me?" If I woke up tomorrow and couldn't remember the last five years, what would I think of my life now? Its pretty crazy to ponder, huh?

On a stylistic note, The Vow was really lovely. Rachel McAdams goes from adorably artsy art student, to the preppy sorority law student she once was, to a complete half back situation- and of course she's darling the whole time. Channing Tatum actually sports a a great hipster wardrobe and I must say he's the beefiest hipster I've ever seen. I'm not complaining- I've seen far too many guys in staw fedoras and plaid shirts who could easily wear my jeans- and probably are! There's a few moments where Channing appears without clothing and that's nice too ifyaknowwhatImean. They also have a sweet apartment that I'm positive was decorated solely from Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie.


Here's what I wore out last night, inspired by Rachel's cute florals and side braid.







With The Vow, what you see is what you get. And along those lines, if I woke up tomorrow and Channing Tatum told me he had been my husband for the past 5 years . . . I wouldn't question him.

The Vow, rated "PG-13," drama, starring Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum, "B-"

No comments:

Post a Comment