Monday, September 5, 2011

Summer Favorites

Well today is labor day and therefore the last day of summer and the beginning of fall! Technically the first day of autumn is September 23, but if we listened to those rules we'd consider the first day of winter to be December 22nd. And everyone knows winter starts the day after Thanksgiving when we start the official sprint towards Christmas! Right?

Anyways, I had a great summer. Sometimes I can get kind of restless, but this year I enjoyed the long, lazy days for all they were worth. And in the spirit of reflection and summer appreciate, I present you with Chick Flick Chic summer favorites . . .

Favorite movie: I'm going to go with Bridesmaids. While other movies like Crazy Stupid Love or The Help might get more press come awards season, Bridesmaids stole my heart. It was absurdly hilarious and heartwarming. And it perfectly captured the mix of excitement and nostalgia that goes along with your best friend getting hitched.





Favorite vacation: I spent a week in Florida and then North Carolina beaches with my boyfriend and both of our families. A lot of reading, relaxing, and sun.











Favorite purchase: I bought this Kate Spade purse for 60% off and immediately had buyer'sremorse. However, when it arrived it was so perfectly punchy pink that I couldn't resist. I carried it all summer long and it was a hit. I'm a little sad to banish it to the back of my closet in the cooler weather.











Favorite thing I did: Dance the night away with my best friends, boyfriend AND parents at my friend Madeline's wedding. Celebrating love and 10+ years of friendship makes my heart very happy.








Favorite Book: I'm going to have to go with One Day . . . or Bossypants . . . its a tie. Both wonderful and unique in their own way. If you're looking for a good laugh and some great life lessons- Bossypants. Looking to cry your eyes out and fall in love with a fictional character? One Day.




Favorite thing I wore: Nothing too special about this dress (LC Lauren Conrad), but it was oh so fun to wear floral with my besties and fellow bridesmaids. Plus, in June I was still on a royal wedding high and loved wearing this fascinator-like headpiece.







Beautiful Duchess Kate

Well, I tried.

Favorite life change: I moved into a one bedroom apartment all by myself! It's been a transition but its been fun. At first I felt a little like Carrie . . .










Realistically? I'm a little more Bridget.













It's been a great summer and I'm thankful for every bit of it. I must confess that fall is perhaps my favorite season so I'm looking forward to some romantic movies, fun times, and cute clothes in the months ahead!


What are your summer favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment