Tuesday, March 27, 2012

What's On Your DVR?

I'm not sure if "What's your sign?" was ever a legitimate pick up line in the 70's or whenever but I think "Whats on your DVR?" is a much better way to get to know someone. I've actually had this convo a lot lately (not for the purpose of snagging a date) and it's a really fun way to learn a bit more about someone and what shows to add to your My Recordings list.

If you're one of those people who doesn't watch tv, I don't even want to hear about it. TV is amazing. And I have time to work, go to grad school, exercise every day, read books, blog, spend qt with friends and family and still watch some high quality tv. So, here's a recap of:

What's on my DVR

Monday:

The Bachelor/Bachelorette- I actually watched the original Bachelorette with Trista and was so dedicated that I recorded the finale ON A VHS TAPE (!!!) and watched it in first period with my friend Carly because we had a track meet the night it aired. Anyways my interest in the series has waned over the years. Two hours is a big commitment especially when at least 45 minutes are spent recapping last week or previewing "the most dramatic rose ceremony ever." But I watched this whole season and was mesmerized by Courtney. Am I in for Emily as The Bachelorette filming in Charlotte?!?! Obvi.

Gossip Girl- Sadly, GG has completely gone of the deep end but I continue to watch. The clothes are so pretty. Leighton and Blake are so pretty. Penn Badgely's hair is pretty?! Dear Gossip Girl, I wish I knew how to quit you. XOXO, CFC














Tuesday:


New Girl
- When it's good, its cute witty, and a little bit weird. When it's bad, it's just weird. We'll see how this season goes.








Parenthood- If you choose one show to add to your weekly viewing, pick Parenthood. Its just GREAT show with a stellar cast. Lucky for you the season just ended so you have all summer to get to know the Bravermans via Netflix before the third season.















Wednesday:

Modern Family- There's a reason Modern Fam has been an awards show darling. Also, Cameron Tucker is my imaginary gay best friend.













Happy Endings-
This show is funny but exhausting. It's become so wacky that its hard to imagine spending more than 30 minutes a week with these people. Since they're not my friends but tv characters (obviously) I still enjoy this show.







Thursday:
30 Rock- 30 Rock is so full of obscure pop culture references that I feel like it was written just for me. Except when I don't get one and then I'm like "Ugh, this show is so weird." Also Alec Baldwin.


















Friday:

Fashion Police- I LOVE FASHION POLICE. It's completely ridiculous but it's also the only weekly roundup for celeb fashion on tv. Clearly I'm watching.




Everyday:

Live! with Kelly- I record this Monday through Friday. I usually watch it during lunch or when I get home from work. I loved Regis. I love Kelly. To me, watching Live! is like brushing my teeth or drinking tea every morning. It's an integral part of my day.









Movies:


On my DVR I usually have at least one kids movie I not-so-secretly love (today it's The Princess and the Frog,) one recent fave (currently The Blind Side) and at least three old movies ( as of late, Where the Boys Are, Some Like it Hot, and A Family Affair.) I don't know, I'm weird like that.














So now I'd like to ask. . . What's on your DVR? (or what are your must watch shows, hulu most viewed, you get the idea.) And to ensure I get an answer, I'm tagging a few of my favorite bloggers. Actually, just my real life friends.




So ladies, what's on your DVR?

No comments:

Post a Comment