Friday, October 12, 2012

Happy Weekend- Say Cheese!


Happy Weekend!  I'm headed to South Florida  . . . 



Look of the Week:


I already wore my Kardashian inspired outfit last month in Tampa, so who knows what I'll wear this weekend.  I would LOVE to see Kim and Kourtney and baby Penelope as they take Miami yet again!

Story of the Week:

Matthew McConaughey slims down . . . way down.
 "Can you touch this?" Matty asked not too long ago.  Well, I don't think anyone wants to now.  Maybe I'm getting cynical in my old age, or maybe I should start calling this the "Publicity Stunt of the Week," but I just feel like its such a waste when celebs drop all this weight for a role. First, I think its sort of disrespectful to people who are actually starving or ill.  Not to mention special effects (need I remind you that Lt. Dan didn't have legs in the 90's?!) and makeup have improved each year . .  I'm sure there were other ways to make him look sick and skinny.  But celebs feel like they have to make the sacrifice for the award nomination.  Anne Hathaway with your shorn hair and Matt with your bony cheeks . . . I hope it pays off come February.

Post of the Week:

Omg, Me Too
Yep, I only posted once this week and it was about (surprise!) Mindy Kaling.

Rental of the Week:

Magic Mike

Matty McConaughey in his meatier days . . .and my favorite movie of the summer.  It actually doesn't come out until the 23rd, but why not start counting down now?


Movie Ticket of the Week:

Argo
I've probably seen this trailer 50 times in theaters.  I'm not sure why Ben is promoting the heck out of it, as he's a well respected director these days and I'm sure it will do fine at the box office.  Still, looks good.  John Goodman is working these days. He's like in 5 movies this season alone.

Wedding Story of the Week:

Stanley Tucci and Felicity Blunt



This actually happened a few weeks ago, but after hearing Stanley discuss it on Live! with Kelly and Michael this week, I just had to gush.


So first, Stanley Tucci married Emily Blunt's sister.  Because I'm CFC, I believe that Felicity is a kinder version of Emily's Devil Wears Prada character, and that Stanley is a combination of Nigel from DWP and Paul Child.


So that pretty much seems like the best couple ever?  Then today I find out . . .


Stanley has a cookbook coming out, their wedding guests included Steve Buscemi and Emily Blunt as best man and matron of honor, brother-in-law John Krasinski, Meryl Streep, Patricia Clarkson, Julianne Moore, Colin Firth and Kenneth Cole.. . . and their wedding cake was made of wheels of cheese. Best wedding ever?


Hope your weekend is filled with harem pants, male strippers, and wheels of cheese.  


No comments:

Post a Comment