Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Amazing Spider-Man Review

Who knew that the wacky roommate from Notting Hill could also be a wacky scientist and comic book villan?
And who knew that Spider-Man was just a boy, standing in front of a girl, asking her to love him?


For me, The Amazing Spider-Man soared during the awkward high school romance but lost its footing in actual superhero interactions.  Though my knowledge of comic books is limited, I know that the nerdiness, insecurity and search for identity are a huge part of Spider-Man lore.  However he is a superhero and I was hoping for more thrills during in the fight against evil.


Do you what I'm no longer fighting?  A gigantic crush on Andrew Garfield.


I mean, I thought his superb performance was the best part of an otherwise over-hyped The Social Network.
But when I saw him and my girl Emma Stone cavorting all around town I was like, really Emma?  After making out with NoahCalhoun this is happening?
I get it now.  
The ability to fight crime and maintain perfectly mussed hair?  Now that's superhuman.


The Amazing Spider-Man, rated "PG-13," action, starring Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone "B-"

No comments:

Post a Comment