Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World Review



Seeking a Friend for the End of the World is about well, the end of the world, so it can't help but be a little bit depressing.  But I had hoped it wouldn't be quite so miserable.  Actually even if the plot had followed an overall emo format with wistful images of people spending their last days together I might not have enjoyed the movie, but I could have appreciated it.


Instead Seeking a Friend careens wildly from quirky comedy to riots and terror to melancholy final days and at last settles on a disgustingly sweet love story that has no business at the end of the world.  Steve Carrell and Kiera Knightly try their best but they can't make this story compelling or even interesting.  I'm not sure how I'd choose to spend Earth's last days, but I can guarantee it wouldn't be watching this movie.


Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, rated "R," comedy, starring Steve Carrell and Kiera Knightly "D"

No comments:

Post a Comment