Monday, August 13, 2012

Bridesmaid Revisited

"What do you like better- Christmas or wedding season?" - Wedding Crashers

No matter where your loyalties lie, I have good news.  I saw Brach's candy corn in Walgreens yesterday which means Christmas season is just around the corner.  And as summer fades to fall, chances are you're coming down from wedding guest high.



It seems like everyone I knew had at least one wedding to attend this summer.  And so as we reflect back on all the good times, I thought it would be fun to countdown some of my favorite wedding movies.



Everyone says its the day you dream of your entire life.  Your best friend asks you the question you've been waiting to hear.  You put on a dress that, despite numerous alterations, you'll probably wear just this once.  You walk down the isle with flowers in your hand and a smile on your face.  You smile through your tears during the champagne toast of love and laughter and you party the night away with some of your favorite people. And if you're like me, you'll get to do it a second, third, or fourth time.



Obviously I'm talking about being a bridesmaid.  My marital experience is focused solely on these duties as I've had the opportunity to be a bridesmaid five (going on six!) times.  I mean it when I say being in a wedding party is one of the greatest joys of my life. And that's why in the next few weeks we'll be counting down my favorite wedding movies, as well as a few (censored!) tales of my own times in taffeta, through a series called Bridesmaid Revisited.  This is supposed to be a clever take on Brideshead Revisted.  Just go with it.




So pop a bottle of champagne and call dibs on the cute groomsmen.  Because "I'm ready to partyyyy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment