Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Holiday Flair

One of my favorite parts of this time of year is checking out the holiday party looks on magazine covers. These are usually the issues that also tell you how to not overeat at Christmas parties (eat a salad beforehand! sip on soda water and not eggnog!) and give vaguely helpful hints for buying gifts for guys (whiskey, gadgets, shirts from Express for men.)
Anyways, I love the festive clothing and accessories. Let's take a look at some of my favorites- shall we?

Gwen on the cover of In Style

I LOVE these bangles and have been looking for some cheap knockoffs to wear with my New Year's dress. I can't find them anywhere- anything slightly similar has gold accents but I need silver! If you can help, please let me know.

Ashley Greene on the cover of People Style Watch

Her hair is lovely. It solves one of life's greatest dilemmas- I want to wear my hair in an elegant bun, but if I pull it straight back, I'll look bald in all of the facebook pics. Enter, the side bun.

Sarah Michelle Gellar on the cover of Self

Sequins and sparkles have been making the rounds for quite sometime now, but I am always apprehensive about buying anything too sparkly. Its hard to style without looking absurdly blinged out which is why I love how Buffy looks like she's just chillin at home, lounging in some sequins. Which is of course what I'd doing right now.

Adele on the cover of Cosmopolitan

Now, I love me some leopard, but it does look like Cosmo forced to Adele to put on a Vicky S nightgown for this shoot. I wanted to focus on Adele's consistenly impeccable eyeliner- how does she do this? Is it just great makeup application or are her eyes shaped differently than mine?


Okay, not a magazine cover but I am so in love with Taylor's red lips at nearly every public appearance. I actually bought the covergirl lipstick that Taylor says (or is paid to say) she uses and wore it to two holiday parties on Saturday.

The bad part about wearing red lipstick is that I spent half the night checking it in the mirror and the other half asking my boyfriend "How's my lipstick? Do I look like the joker? Are you sure?"
And here's the rest of the outfit, sparkly dress, houndstooth jacket, red shoes, and a partridge in a pear tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment