Saturday, December 24, 2011

5 Rom-Coms- #2 Love Actually

Omg. What to say about Love Actually? That it's a classic for our generation? That it's inspired Valentine's Day and New Year's Eve and all the holiday ensemble movies inevitably headed our way? That it's quite possibly a perfect romantic comedy AND Christmas movie?

When I sit down to watch Love Actually for the millionth time (as I am while writing this) my heart is overwhelmed with how much I love this movie. It's like my everyday affection for Christmas and romantic comedies is completely inadequate compared to my obsession with Love Actually. This movie causes my heart, like the Grinch's to grow three sizes.


I can nearly recite the entire movie which is fun for me and completely annoying for anyone watching it with me. So many good quotes! Some are heartwarming, some are hilarious and almost all are with a British accent, which as we know from the Milwaukee girls, makes everything sound better. (Except for table.)

Here are few of my favorites:

Thank you. That will be nice.
Yes is being my answer. Easy question.


It's Junction 13 that's just murder, isn't it? Total gridlock this morning.


I hate Uncle Jamie!


Life is full of interruptions and complications.


Sam, you've got nothin' to lose, and you'll always regret it if you don't! I never told your mom enough. I should have told her everyday because she was perfect everyday.


Ooohh would we call her chubby?


Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free!


You dont have a cute British accent. YES I DO!


But for now, let me say - Without hope or agenda - Just because it's Christmas - And at. Christmas you tell the truth - To me, you are perfect.


General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion... love actually is all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment